Qualifications–Based Selection (QBS) is a procedure designed to help owners find objectively the most qualified engineer or architect for their projects. QBS Wisconsin can be an invaluable resource to board members, committees and staff when planning for a project. The program also offers assistance to public owners in implementing a QBS process.
- QBS Manual, including overviews, procedures, examples and useful forms
- FAQ Booklet
- Why Value Outweighs Cost in the Selection of A/E Services
- Model Procurement Policy
- Brooks Act, Title 40 United States Code, Chapter 10, Subsection V
- Open Meetings Law Fact Sheet, provided by UW Extension Local Government Center
- Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) Guidance
- Introduction to QBS video:
If you need further assistance, please call us at 608-257-8477 (toll free in Wisconsin).
“QBS is a proven procurement method that emphasizes quality throughout the evaluation and product selection process. Communities that utilize QBS report their long-term costs are lower because of this emphasis.”
—Executive Director, League of Wisconsin Municipalities